Iraq Banner Desktop

Store Banner Mobile

Citizen Hearing on Disclosure - Day 2

Day 2 of Citizen's Hearing - UFO Involvement at Military Installations


The second day of the Citizen’s Hearing on Disclosure started with Nick Pope and a panel describing their first-hand experience of the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in Suffolk, England, a major event that happened in December 1980 outside the RAF Woodbridge which was used by the US Air Force. More than 160 people, both military personnel and civilians, witnessed the event however it was quickly swept under the carpet.

Rendlesham Forest UFO incident, Suffollk, England

Nick Pope worked in the Ministry of Defence in the United Kingdom for 21 years but from 1991 to 1994 he was responsible for investigating UFO sightings in the UK. Pope has met with most of the witnesses of the Rendlesham Forest event, however he stated that some of the most critical evidence of the case had been removed by General Gabriel, a Commander-in-Chief of the United States Air Forces in Europe back then. The rest of the files were released to the public under the UK Freedom of Information Act.

James Penniston and John Burroughs were two of the major witnesses that went in the forest on the to investigate an unidentified object. It was on December 26 th that according to their testimonies unusual lights were reported by the patrol team outside of the base, something that was also verified on the radar. The object landed in the forest and Penniston and Burroughs went to investigate. What they found was a triangular-shaped craft of about 9ft long and 6.5ft wide hovering above the ground. There was a blue light emanating from the object. James touched the object describing it as of metallic texture and warm. On the surface of the object he saw hieroglyphic symbols.  Suddenly the object brightened which made both of them drop on the ground and after a while the craft lifted up at incredible speed.

The craft had remained on the ground for about 45 minutes.  They had photos and recordings of a radio conversation describing the event. But all of this evidence was taken and is unaccounted for.

The departure of the object was seen by at least 40 military personnel, who were trained observers.

The investigation that took place following the event revealed marks on the ground as well as increased radiation levels, something that is on the official report. Both Penniston and Burroughs were interrogated like criminals. They were instructed not to talk to anyone and the event was characterised as classified and the main evidence was taken.

In the months that followed, Penniston and Burroughs developed similar health problems including vision and balance problems, which they still have to date. However, the US Government classified their medical records from that period of time and as a result they have not been able to find appropriate treatments for their strange array of symptoms. They have been trying for more than 2 years to get access to their medical records, even through congress ,but they continue to hit brick walls.

What was interesting and which was indirectly mentioned by Nick Pope, is that the US airbase at Woodbridge had nuclear weapons, something which ties in with similar UFO events at military sites.  

Officially the case remains ‘unexplained’ and the Ministry of Defence of the United Kingdom, denies that anything threatening the security happened those days.  The radar signals which correspond to the sightings have been underplayed by the Government saying that it may have been some kind of meteorological phenomenon.

UFOs on nuclear missile sites in the US

The next panel of four witnesses included military personnel who testified for multiple events which all had a common denominator: nuclear missile sites. It has become apparent over the years that there are a number of cases where UFOs have interfered with nuclear missile sites.

Robert Salas served in the US Air Force and spent 21 years at the FAA. His main roles were traffic controller, engineer and missile launch officer. The UFO incident he described took place on March 16 th in 1967 while he was on duty at the Oscar flight, where 10 nuclear missiles operated by Malmstrom Air Force base in Montana were neutralized.

A red pulsating object appeared in the sky above the plant which was about 30-40 ft in diameter. After that the missiles began to shut down. According to Salas, the facilities and the control centres were underground and it was impossible to tamper with them from the surface. He suggested that the UFOs used Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) in order to shut down the missiles. The witnesses claim that what they saw that day was not of terrestrial origin.

The day after the event they were ordered to sign non-disclosure agreements and never talk about the incident again. The incident was considered top classified and wasn’t even included in the Blue Book Government Project for UFO investigation.

Following Robert Salas, Captain David Schindele, another nuclear missile launch officer, testified for the first time in person about a similar event that took place in 1966 at Minot Air Force Base. A similar pulsating object appeared above the base, hovering, without any kind of noise and had a size of about 80-100ft wide.

It moved into two different positions over the nuclear site and disabled all missiles.

It was the next morning that they received a call from OSI not to ever talk about the incident again. 12 people involved in the incident never talked about it for 40 years.

Even if the event stayed out of the media there was a reference about the event in the Minot Daily news.

Sergeant David Scott, retired USAF Police, presented a similar experience with a different nuclear site this time. He was dispatched to an alarm situation at a nuclear site. A pulsating object appeared changing color between red, blue and yellow. All radio communication and vehicle power went dead. Then the light changed to white, pulsated 3 times in quick succession and disappeared. Once this happened everything came back online.

The night before that event, Scott mentioned that the Canadian airforce had sent fighter planes to chase a UFO.

Officially this event was denied.

Finally Captain Bruce Fentstermacher reported his experience with yet another nuclear site at the Warren Air Force Base in 1976. The description was similar again with pulsating lights and changing colors. Fentstermacher reported the craft looking like a fat cigar at about 80-100f above ground and 40-50 ft long. It was moving quietly and slowly above the launch facilities. However, during this event the missiles didn’t go offline. We need to mention here that by 1976, nuclear installations acquired EMP protection which could explain why the UFOs weren’t able to disable the missiles (if that is the case).

The events that followed were in the same pattern. The incident was declared top classified, they were asked not to discuss the topic again and al notepads of the witnesses were destroyed. Officially that incident ‘never happened’.


The concluding discussions of the day raised a few unanswered questions with the major one been what is the interest of the UFOs on the nuclear sites and facilities over the last 60 years. If they were aggressive they have clearly demonstrated that they can disable and probably even destroy any nuclear facility, but they haven’t. And definitely they haven’t prevented any of the world wars. So what was the purpose?

The secrecy of the UFO events keeps going but while in the past during the Cold war it was a matter a national security, today the motives have changed. It is now a matter of power, greed and control.

It must be up to the people to decide that this will go public or not and not a small group of individuals controlling the technology, spreading misinformation, controlling the press and keeping the ridicule factor going on anyone that goes against their plans. It is time for the power to go back to the people.

Day 1

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

By John Black

johnblack's picture

John Black

Dr John (Ioannis) Syrigos initially began writing on Ancient Origins under the pen name John Black. He is both a co-owner and co-founder of Ancient Origins.

John is a computer & electrical engineer with a PhD in Artificial Intelligence, a... Read More

Next article