Iraq Banner Desktop

Store Banner Mobile


Important information never goes public when discovered


People think that when something is discovered it goes public immediately. But this is not so. We live in a world where information that affects everything from economics to politics and social relationships goes through a stringent filtering process.  All major news is censored before it goes live, and some never goes live.

One recent example is the Dead Sea Scrolls, major religious texts that were found in 1947. The texts were over 2000 years old written in Hebrew and Aramaic on parchments. This was the greatest archaeological find of the previous century. Well, only 20% was released soon after the discovery while the remaining 80% was kept for the eyes of the few, in a secret vault of the Rockefeller Museum in Jerusalem for about 35 years, raising debates amongst archaeologists.

The biblical archaeological society has been trying since the late 1980s to push the Israel Authorities for the release of the scrolls and they were even sued for that. And yet it took so many years for the texts to be released.

The importance of such texts and any kind of text that affects religious matters are under strict control because they can create imbalances in our society.  You can read more about the Dead Sea Scrolls here.

So the question is if everyone is ready to hear about the truth? I doubt it. The majority of people live in a little bubble and anything disrupting this virtual reality is not welcome. 

By John Black


johnblack's picture

John Black

Dr John (Ioannis) Syrigos initially began writing on Ancient Origins under the pen name John Black. He is both a co-owner and co-founder of Ancient Origins.

John is a computer & electrical engineer with a PhD in Artificial Intelligence, a... Read More

Next article