All  

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ Mobile

Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aztec/Mayan people ever inhabit the United States?

Hello everyone I was just wondering if there is any know evidence of the Aztec people or the Mayan people ever being or living in the United States?

The reason I am asking is I

The reason I am asking is I think that I have found proof that either the Aztec or Mayans where here in the midwest United States. I would like to get some of you guys opinions on this subject and would like to know if their has ever been any evidence ever found that would indicate that these's people ever stepped foot on the north american continent.

on the hunt

The original immigrants to this hemisphere were "Mayans" - that was the ancient version of it that they spoke.

A scholar named Tim Lohrentz has a series on ancient MesoAmerican history, and here is a link to his timeline for the ancient "Mayan" immigrants from the Old World -
https://inclusivebusiness.typepad.com/indigenous_elsalvador/timeline/
At some point, the ice sheet in North America had receded and some people started to move north from where they had migrated to (from Asia), in South and Central America. Many of the Native American groups of today had been part of that migration, and were "Mayans", or Mayan descendants if you prefer.
Look at some of Lohrentz's other articles, linked to from that page. He calls this "the Outward Phase".
Also note that the Hopi long preserved a connection with Mexico, some people journeying there to attend important festivals at times - whether identified as Mayan, Aztec, or something else.
History is very complex so don't reject explanations which seem not to conform to previous categories and explanations!

As to the Aztecs, that was the name adopted for the coalition of 5 groups which founded Mexico City.
      ♥♡  Maat

hope this is a little helpful!

i've seen some tv episodes dealing with the mayans in america...some as far north as michigan. i know there are also some signs in southern florida. i'm not an expert or pretending to be, but i love to watch anything i can find on the subject. i feel like one of the shows is Brad Meltzer's Decoded...the other one is America Unearthed. 

what have you found? have you contact anyone about it?

love, light and blessings

AB

A site in Georgia called

A site in Georgia called Etowah, there is evidence of Maya interaction. Also there is a Site in Mesoamerica with objects that came from the Mississippian Culture

mound builders

Hi New to this site…...Over the years I have done a lot of reading, acquiring little concrete knowledge, but much interesting information. I started out on a whim, reading Edgar Cayce(have most all of his writings), this eventually lead to many other types of literature (some by well known researchers and authors) on ancient civilisations. Along the way I often found mention of the Mound Builders here in the U.S. and the possibility of them being associated with various Central/South American cultures….

Jlwhitesr

Mayan culture in pre-Columbian North America

I’ve been to Chichen Itza and if you want to just look at pyramid building, there’s one that has survived up until today located east of St. Louis, MO, at Cahokia and there is another site of a pyramid further north in Wisconsin at Azatlan. All three sites were active at about the same time circa 800 AD and I think it's reasonable to assume they were of similar enough cultures that we can say, yes, Mayan cultural influences were shared into at least the Midwest United States.

Friends of the Penguin