All  

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ Mobile

Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Evidence of Origin of Light Skin

Recently I have read claims [from several other sources] that DNA evidence seems to indicate that light skin first appeared in Europeans as recently as 7,000 or 8,000 years ago. Has similar research been done to try to determine when light skin first appeared in far-eastern Asian populations represented by contemporary Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese?

I ask because I’m curious if those researchers are implying 1) that the obvious physical differentiation between Europeans and East-Asians was more recent than 7,000 or 8,000 years ago or 2) that light skin in these widely-separated populations is a result of parallel evolution.

Not sure I know the answer to

Not sure I know the answer to your questions, but the theory that as people migrate out of Africa, their skin colour became lighter due to adaptation to the environment is illogical. Assuming those folks coming from Africa had no prior contact with another race of beings, black Africans mating with black Africans will not produce an offspring of a different colour no matter what type of environment they faced.

I've always understood that

I've always understood that skin lightened as an evolutionary adaptation to a cloudy climate. If life originated in africa, anyone migrating out would have had dark skin. Dark skin helps in equatorial regions where there is a lot of direct sunlight. The dark skin absorbs less UV light and thus is more resilient in these environments. If early man migrated north out of africa and into cloudy, rainy regions like northern europe, there would be no need for dark skin, in fact there would be a need for light skin. Dark skin does not allow in enough sunlight to absorb adequate amounts of vitamin D in cloudy, low sunlight regions. Thus, it would be beneficial to ones health and continued existence to have lighter skin. Also, since sunlight is less of an issue, dark skin would not be needed for protection from the sun. And consider other evolutionary traits like thicker body hair for warmth in a colder climate and a narrower and longer nose which helps to warm air coming into the body to help regulate core body temperature in the cold.

These are all adaptations that would take place over several millenia. The early brown/black skinned humans migrating out of africa into this new climate would have evolved very slowly. But those with more body hair, narrower noses and lighter skin would have had a higher survival rate and would have been healthier and thus lived longer to breed more. As people with these traits bred for generations and generations, the traits that helped them survive/maintain health would have been passed on to their children and become stronger and more prevalent. The skin would lighten as the body produced less and less melanin which in turn would allow new colors of hair and eyes to come about as well. The more melanin one has in their body, the more brown/black they are. And this relates to skin, hair, eyes, everything. So colors which once were overpowered by brown, would be revealed as melanin production lessened.

light skin, etc.

Also consider the origin of blood types as possibly abetting this process. Each has a place and time of origin.

Larry Brickey

I agree with your comments

I agree with your comments

Light Skin

The Rh Negative evidence has now built to the point where even "conventional science" is considering genetic manipulation of a small group of humans around 5-8000 years ago.

History is nowhere near as well known as we think it is.

light skin

The out of Africa theory is a hoax. That group is one of it's own but perhaps more ancient than the Western European group. The diverse Western Europeans originate in Mesopotamia and Egypt although the group that occupy that area now are completely different for the better part.

Sir Clerke

Mary the Moon Godess

Who knows how light skin came about, but I don’t think Vikings just popped up out of nowhere. I am new to this site and saw a story about the Mary the Moon Goddess and the Story of the 7 dwarves. I should have saved it but was too busy signing up. I think this site is awesome. Anyone know what it falls under. Gratitude.

as im researching fact is all

as im researching fact is all life started in africa definitively ...if u go by what it says in the bible cain slew abel cain was cast out made to wander out he more than likely went as far away as possible went east  out of the garden of eden finally in the caucasus which the word or race of  caucasion derived from .. the region was very cold sun wasnt a big factor...after many generations the started migrating through the upper regions and some came down to the middle east with the babylonians\ sumerians which mixed the races…. the god struck the tower of bable scattered ppl in all directions evolution took over

Origin

The out of Africa idea is incorrect. Africans are a completely different species.

Sir Clerke

This analyses are ...?

You know, nobody really pinpointed a modern genetic origin for becoming white, but they believe blondism originated in the Papua region (island blondism). I can’t say for sure what happened but one day everyone was naked and probably darker and another day people dwelt in caves or houses and were lighter. Africans received the brunt of the environmental changes even from that massive volcano, they were dressed down and hot while exposed to nasty diseases and now they’re Africanized. I’d say it was society and clothing development before, during, and after the Ice Age. Maybe it was in Papua and India we became blond and red headed but nobody outside of Africa was Africanized. Who knows, maybe everyone came from America and left. Genetics being considered regional development is one matter, but to try and pinpoint a spot is impossible because the earth could have had a sideways equator and a West North Pole, we could’ve been chemically created and genetically altered by an extinct race or otherwise no longer present, we could have descended and devolved from immortals or long-lived beings and now we’re all relatively feeble. Man could’ve become white when they had chloroplasts for all we know. Nobody has forced evolution and studied it except maybe God, and it takes multiple trials over thousands and thousands of years to prove it 

Maybe

All due respect, I think everybody wrong. It only takes maybe 15 years.
Black people in northern latitudes? From Minneapolis to Moscow, they mostly pale. They don't need the coloration. Black people down in Mobile and Tampa OTOH, often dark as Hershey's dark chocolate.
White people up in Canada? White as toothpaste. Whereas white folk in Florida and Hawaii, nice and toasty brown. And I think in both instances, their offspring inherit a predilection for the adapted color.
Could be wrong... but I don't think so. Go to any of these places and take a look for yourself.

Murky

Color

There is much more to it than that. Bone structure hair shape, even brain shape and size. Asians, Caucasians, and Africans are completely different.

Sir Clerke

Wow. What a diversity of

Wow. What a diversity of opinions. I always thought white skin came from the Caucasus area which is why they are called Caucasian.

I doubt it is a result from gradual adaptation. It is a genetic mutation and could have happened quickly. I once read an article that said whiteness was a result of Dravidian albinos. Someone else discounted the albino idea since albinos still retain other racial characteristics besides the skin color.

He said people with white skin were forced to leave because the blacks would kill them. This still happens in Africa today and no doubt happened to black people in ancient white societies. History is so tribal. That would have hastened differentiation also.

White people? Western people.

Yes, it's true. White people were in North America sixty five thousand years ago. And the sky people north of Cuzco were white as well. They were wiped out. The way it looks now we are on the way to being wiped out again. Even in Egypt it happened. The early Pharaohs had blue eyes and some red hair. For some reason this information is hidden and a black origin, Africa lie is spread throughout. The true victims are the white people, the European and ones from western Europe, Scandinavia and the British isles. One must always investigate these sources and the people behind them.

Sir Clerke

It doesn't always take

It doesn't always take millions of years for a genetic adaption to happen. Some genes have different states that can be switched on or changed to adapt to the environment within a few or even a single generation. This has been seen in moths which have altered from white to black in industrial environments in a few generations, and more recently in lizards I think. Of course chameleons have the ability to change colour within minutes to camouflage themselves. Humans have many genes which are normally switched off, for example a gene for a tail. Genetic change is far more complex than merely natural selection - something we're only just beginning to realise.

I have read that Himmler was

I have read that Himmler was very pleased to take over Norway.  He regarded Norwegians as having purer genetics than Germans, hence more useful in breeding the new human.

By some accounts there are more than 20 separate genetic lines that go to make up modern humans.  If so, Himmler was after a particular genetic line.

origin of light skin

this is a short piece on how man has adapted to the changing climatic conditions on planet earth.

Are you familiar with the Milankovitch cycle? It is a hundred thousand year cycle whereby the earth varies its orbit around the sun - from being circular to eccentric. The Earth is like a top spinning - as its orbit drifts towards the sun - the Earth is then accelerated away from the sun for most of the year, creating extreme winters in the northern hemisphere and an absence of sumer in the southern hemisphere. The result is an ice age.

With these changed conditions, humans would have had to adapt or perish. Firstly they needed to adapt to colder conditions. Small animals found it hard to consume enough food to stay warm, and big animals found it much easier to maintain their core body temperature. Through natural selection, animals got bigger and hairier - for example; the woolly mammoth and giant wombat called Diprotodon. Humans were no different, they too got bigger and hairier - Cro Magnon man of Europe was 7-8 foot tall. Numerous 7-8 foot tall skeletons have also been found in America, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Legends of giants abound in these regions - of blonde or red haired bearded giants in Lakota and Mayan legends. Greek legends also - Zeus, Atlas, Cyclops and of course David and Goliath all speak of giants. And if you have read Genesis - it speaks of giants called the Nephilim. These are all stories of giants from the Ice Age. 

Now because the Earth was further from the sun during these ice ages and because light intensity is subject to the inverse square law, the weaker sunlight made it difficult for the human body to manufacture enough Vitamin D from the sun. The way humans adapt to sunlight absorption is to vary the Melanin in the skin - thats why we get a suntan when we spend time out in the sun - so during the ice age, people started to lose their suntan - permanently - the blond hair and blue eyes is also from having reduced melanin.   

So thats why these giants of the ice age were called “the blond haired bearded giants”. So thats  a period from about 25,000 years ago to 14,000 years ago.

And now during the present interglacial, we are in the process of adapting to harsher sunlight and brown skin is back in fashion. This is happening through natural selection - not only are white people succumbing to Melanomas, but human DNA has decided to ramp up the melanin - so blond hair and blue eyes are now obsolete - it is recessive to black hair and brown eyes. Its a bit like superceded software.

When we look for genetic evidence of the changing face of humanity, relic populations hold the key to the past. In looking for a representative population of the last interglacial or warm period 120,000 years ago, we find the short dark highlanders of New Guinea, the Andaman Islanders and frizzy haired Pygmies of North Queensland - all possess a gene which shows they descended from the Pygmies of the Congo and Kalahari bushmen from about 120,000 years ago.

So people similar to the Pygmies of Africa appear to be one of the dominant global populations from 120,000 years ago to 74,000 years ago - thats when disaster struck in the form of - Toba - a super volcano in Sumatra, which erupted covering the subcontinent of India with 2 metres of Ash and blanketing the earth with an opaque cloud of ash, tempertures plummeted and evaporation virtually stopped, droughts occurred and the global population was decimated. 

Once things eventually got back to normal, a few lucky surivors formed a new breed of human and became a new dominant population on the planet - people similar to the Australian Aborigine, the Veda of India, the Ainu of Japan and the natives of Tierra del Fuego. These people continued to be the dominant population until the ice age.

In America, the changing face of man from the ice age to the present day is illustrated in Mayan legends which speak of “The Age of blonde haired bearded giants” from about 18,000 years ago, this age is said to have ended with a great cataclysm about 13,000 years ago. The Egyptians and Greeks also had a legend of this catastrophe - the destruction of Atlantis. This catastrophic event is recorded in the rocks with a number of meteorite impacts in North America 12,900 years ago – this cataclysm sprayed nanodiamonds over north America and across to Europe. Geologists call this catastrophic event the “Younger Dryas”. After the dust settled, it began to warm up quickly. Humanity had to quickly reincorporate Melanin back into the DNA - which created a few interesting results - such as freckles and red hair. Native Americans called this “The Age of the Redheads” which started about 10,000 years ago and ended about 6,000 years ago. 

Then it became “The Age of the Black Haired people” which exists to the present day. This age is mentioned in both Middle Eastern and Native American folklore.

Dark skin, brown eyes and black hair is now the dominant gene on the planet. Red heads with their resus negative blood is recessive and is fast dissappearing – and so is blonde hair and blue eyes - merely superceded software.

Relic populations of the redheads do still exist in Chile, New Zealand and some isolated Pacific Islands, such as Easter Island, Missima Island - oh yes and of course Europe.  The reason why white skin and red/blonde hair persisted in Europe is written in the DNA of the Basques. They show they severed their ties with Europe 13,000 years ago and then returned (from the Americas) 6,000 years ago – this separate evolution with a subsequent recombination with the indigenous peope of Europe created a stronger more complex gene pool that was less likely to be bred out. Evidence of them spending time in the Americas is the Anasazi language is very similar, dingle peninsular petroglyphs look like Anasazi petroglyphs. Also Araucano golden haired people of Chile have Paleolithic European DNA – very similar to the Basque – and so do the Easter Islanders. This suggests that the Basques were a back migration. (Survivors of Atlantis?) The Rongo Rongo script of Easter Island says the red haired ‘long ears’ were the ancient people of Tulan – the American name for Atlantis.  

the bible

Anyone who uses the bible to explain differences has to start with Noah, as God wiped out all mankind in the flood and started again with Noah and his family. If you’re going to take the bible literally. Just sayin.