All  

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ Mobile

Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's your favourite Fairy Tales (and their possible origins)

Fairy Tales are beloved by all, deservedly so. So which Fair Tales do you enjoy most? If you can tell us its origin, or possible meaning, then please share that too! It’s always great to learn something new about our favourite stories :)

Mine is The Singing Bone, which has its origin (possibly) from an old Greek Myth (Meleager and the Calydonian boar) both stories have a boar, a murdered brother, and a sort of ‘Stick of fate’ effect.

However, the Greek Myth does not have a singing bone XD, which would have upped the epicness.

I have not read a fairy tale

Once he read that the English folk tale, a student of the magician, has a basis in the occult traditions.

KV

My favourite fairy tale is

My favourite fairy tale is The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen. So sad and beautiful at the same time.

I grew up on Grimm's Fairy Tales

Grimms’ collected oral tales tell of a time when kingdoms most likely abounded. 

Quote from article by the National Endowment for Humanities:

“It was in large part their first edition, published in two volumes in 1812 and 1815, that inspired folklorists in Europe and Great Britain to gather tales from their oral traditions to preserve as part of their cultural heritage.”

Grimmer

One of my favorite Grimm’s Fairy Tales is Bear Cloak, where the main character must learn patience for seven years to get his reward in the end. 

Susan Laspe

What's your favourite Fairy Tales (and their possible origins)

Absolutely enchanted by your choice of The Singing Bone! The connection you drew to the Greek Myth of Meleager and the Calydonian boar is brilliant, showcasing the fascinating parallels between these tales. It's like uncovering hidden threads that tie together the rich tapestry of folklore. The absence of a singing bone in the Greek Myth adds a delightful twist, emphasizing how each culture puts its unique spin on timeless themes. Your exploration of the possible meanings behind these stories adds an extra layer of magic to the enchanting world of fairy tales!