All  

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ Mobile

Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

1 post / 0 new
Forrest Fenn - A poem that leads to hidden treasure!

I feel like the community here will like this story, and someone is welcome to write up a proper article on it as i am just giving you the bare bones.

A wealthy man from New Mexico, by the name of Forrest Fenn, filled a treasure chest with aprox. 2-3 Million dollars worth of loot (raw gold nuggets, old coins, Ming dynisty jade, presious stones, etc) and then burried it somewhere in the Rocky Mountian Range in the United States.

The clues to find the treasure are hidden in a poem written by Fenn, inviting all who wish to join the search. The poem is as such:

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

The treasure is still believed to be hidden, and over the years Fenn has given out more clues to help narrow the search.

All one need to do is google Forrest Fenn for further information as the story is somewhat popular and circuts the news outlest in states surrounding the Rocky Mountians every couple of months.

Altough i doubt I will ever physically go hunting for the treasure, the idea of real life treasure hidden within a cryptic poem is quit enchanting! Enjoy