The Relic of Bir Hooker & The Giants of the Past - Part 2
Part 1 of the relic of Bir Hooker outlined the true account of Swiss club owner Gregor Spörri and his encounter with an elderly farmer in Egypt, Nagib, a descendant of an ancient family of grave robbers. Nagib showed Spörri a relic that had passed down through his family – a wooden box containing a mummified finger that measured 35 centimetres in length, along with documents proving its authenticity, including x-rays carried out on the artefact in the 1960s. (Image: A giant on Rock Art Canyon Ranch, Winslow, Arizona)
Nagib refused to tell Spörri where the finger was found but made allusions to a hidden room in the basementof the Great Pyramid where huge, empty graves are located. Nagib made it clear that the relic was not for sale as it was too important for Nagib's family. Before he returned to his hotel, Spörri took a number of photos where he put a banknote next to the finger in order to indicate the size.
On the way back to Cairo, Spörri realized that what he had seen was very special.
In the years following his viewing of the giant mummified finger, Spörri did not speak much about what he had seen. The times when he did speak about it showed him that scientists were not interested in it, simply because it did not fit in with their existing theories. So instead Spörri embarked on intensive research into the possibility of the existence of giants in ancient times. He studied sacred texts like the Bible (the Gospel of Judas), the Torah (Talmud), the Koran, and many other writings containing tales and mythologies. He was surprised to discover that there are in fact frequent references to giants.
The Bible speaks about Nephilim (the Hebrew word for giant but also for fallen), a race of giants created by the mixing of the sons of Gods and the daughters of men. Researchers and historians have presented different theories to explain what these Nephilim really were, ranging from fallen angels (unfaithful to their origins), the descendants of Seth (the third son of Adam and Eve), or a product of extraterrestrials interbreeding with humans.
In those days - and also afterwards - there lived giants on the earth, because the sons of God had intercourse with the daughters of men and they bore sons to their community. They were the famous tyrants of old time.
Even after the flood you can find reports of giants, this could be because the Nephilim were spiritual beings and therefore were not bothered by the flood, unlike their earthly offspring. The Israelites came across these giants when they explored their promised land.
We also saw the giants there, Anakim, which come of the giants, and we were like grasshoppers in our own eyes and in their eyes.
In the writings of Enoch and Moses we can also read about giants.
In 79 AD. Flavius Josephus mention giants in his writings about the Jewish war:
There were giants. Much larger and shaped differently than normal people. Terrible to see. Anyone who has not seen it with his or her own eyes can not believe they were so big.
Through the ages, writings in which giants play a role have resurfaced time and again:
- Pausanias, an ancient historian wrote in 200 AD about 5 metre tall, humanoid skeletons found in modern Syria;
- The Greek mythology known as the Titans;
- Germanic mythology has numerous giants, living in Riesenheim;
- Don Antonio de Mendoza discovered giant skeletons in Peru;
- The Dutch navigator Willem Cornelisz Schouten claims he had seen skeletons of at least 3.5 meters;
- Giants are depicted on rock drawings in Ohio;
- There was a huge skeleton found in Minnesota in 1968. Radiocarbon dating could not continue because the skeleton vanished during its transportation;
- The Annunaki are a race referred to in the Sumerian texts that apparently landed on earth in the area between the Euphrates and the Tigris. They passed their knowledge to the Sumerians, an early civilization with very advanced culture. The Sumerians depicted humaoids of at least 3 times as large as the average person in their art and carvings.
- Statues in Egypt depict ‘gods’ as tall beings. Historians will tell you that this is to indicate that they were important, but it is also possible that they were representing their actual height. Often there is a man of normal height to create a context.
- A giant footprint embedded in granite that is around 200 million years old has been found in South Africa, near the town of Mpaluzi.
The references are actually too many to enumerate as there are many more.
After several years of intensive research, Spörri sold his successful chain of companies in 2008 to concentrate on solving the problem of the giants.
Scientists have studied the pictures but were not able to draw any conclusion on the basis of images alone. They did however confirm that the mummified finger appeared authentic but rejected the possibility of a past race of giants. They investigated the possibility of whether the finger may be related to makrodactylie (or Proteus syndrome or gigantism). This condition involves the excessive growth of the toes or fingers of the patient. This theory was subsequently discounted as the relic has normal proportions of thickness and size of the nail in relation to the length of the finger. In Makrodactylie this ratio is absent and the bone will be longer than normal.
Spörri traveled to Egypt again in 2009 to actively search for the relic. In 19 years, however, much had changed, roads had been constructed, the nation has experienced significant civil unrest, and Nagib, an elderly man in 1988, was most likely now deceased. To date the search has yielded no results and it seems like the relic, as well as its custodians have vanished. Neverthless, Spörri’s encounter with the ancient mummified finger raises important questions about our past and our origins. Perhaps as new evidence emerges, there will one day be proof for an ancient race of giants that walked the Earth.
Spörri is continuing in his investigation and has written a book in which the relic plays an important role. While his experience was a real one, the book has been written as a mystery-thriller, freely moving between reality and fiction. "The Lost God" is currently only available in German but will be translated soon. For more information and updates:
You can read Part 1 here .