Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

164 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please...

Please unsuscribe me from all thread emails. I changed my settings to no longer receive them, yet the script is still sending them. I only subscribed to “Replies to mine only" yet it is sending me every reply and comment on every thread I ever commented to. 

Please disconnect from my email address...

UFO ORIGINS

Hi 

My name is John, i’m 57 and live in Manchester England, i have a general interest in Archaeology.I am am also a christian who believes we are now living through the period covered by the Book of Revelations & how the UFO phenomemon is linked to this. 

Introduction.

Hi. I’m Caitlynne, from Tennessee. I’m not great with words and sometimes get ahead of my self without putting in a lot of thought, but I’v always loved history and someday aspire to be an archeologist. I love reading about lost civilizations, mythical creatures and places, and the latest in archeaological news.

Caitlynne Anne Nicole Allison

Hello everyone, newbie here.

Hello everyone, newbie here.

Hi

I am from India and I am deeply interested in link between Hinduism and Science.  My belief is that Religion and Science complement each other and are actually not much different.

If anyone has any material on the same please mail me on [email protected].

Thanks….

Regards,

Hello from Alabama, USA! Now that I am retired and have time to follow a few interests, this looks like a good place to do so! While there do not appear to be all that many active members, it does appear to be an excellent site where people have open minds, receptive to the unconventional possibilities inherent in history. History, as taught in our schools and universities, is a far cry from "reality," and far too much is swept under the rug and ignored. Just because there may not be a definitive explanation for something at the present time is no reason to just plain ignore it, particularly when it could have a great impact on how we view history, and, indeed, our own existence! "Conventional history," for example, can't even explain the sudden rise of the Sumerian Civilization, and even the conventional historians are forced to admit they haven't a clue where the Sumerians came from, or how they acquired their comprehensive knowledge (some of which we still use today, the 12" foot, the 360 degree circle, the 60 minute hour, etc.). Amazing how much is swept under the rug! At any rate this seems to be a good website, and a fair Forum, and will provide much food for thought.....and, perhaps, a few answers along the way!

History is nowhere near as well known as we think it is.

Origins

I’m really interested to hear solid theories that explain the origin of man among any other unanswered questions that pertain to life.

Warlock

Man's origin

There are basically only two theories of "origin," with a number of "spin-offs" from each of the two primaries.
1. "God did it." The "creation by God" theory.
2. "Evolution." Basically that we are all descended from one or more of earth's "primate" lineages.

Some have tried combining the two, evolution as the initial origin, with various "gods" (aliens, actually) showing up and either interbreeding with the evolved humans, or deliberately engaging in genetic manipulation of groups of evolved humans. Some even say that "Caucasians" were brought to earth from elsewhere, and the Bible is the history of that "colonization." Some say that "Caucasians" are the result of genetic manipulation by aliens (gods), as it is that group that seems to be responsible for the sudden eruption of "full-blown civilization," with no evidence of any prior, prehistoric development.

There are any number of "possibilities," but in the end, you have basically only two choices - Either some "God(s)" are responsible for CREATING man (or a specific group of humans), or "Evolution" accounts for human existence, whatever may have taken place AFTER the origin of "man."

Personally, I believe evolution accounts for the origin of "humans," and that later on, we were visited by aliens (the gods), and, at that point, deliberate genetic manipulation took place, likely to "speed up" the evolutionary process for those who underwent the genetic manipulation. That seems to be the "theory" that, in my opinion, best accounts for the history of the various groups of "humans" on earth and the origin of "civilized existence" as well.

History is nowhere near as well known as we think it is.

MANS ORIGIN

As a christian believer who has 20 years of the experience of the Holy Spirit in there lives i can assure you that number 1 is correct, number 2 is mainly a Satanic hoax.

As we are now in the end times for our world 2 good sources i have found are the appiritions of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Bayside USA 1970-94, she appeared there with Jesus and the saints and there were many miracles performed there to authenticate it.She told how SATAN planned to use the UFO phenomenom which he is behind to confound & confuse mankind into believing that we were being visited by aliens that don’t exist.For more on this go to www.tldm.org and look for the subject under Directives.

Another good source is the seer Wendy Alec who has written books The Fall Of Lucifer, Son Of Perdition etc

The key to finding out though is christian prayer where you can form a relationship with your creator.

Hope that helps.                                                        Regards John

Slight delay

Well I’ve been here over a year now and never bothered to check the site out properly, you’ll just have to pretend I’m new. So, my name’s Will, I'm a Cornish guy and I’m interested in history, medieval technology and generally the way of life my ancestors had. I also like to forget stuff as soon as I find it irrelevant, unless it involves tin streams, I’ll usually be found exploring them. Exploring anywhere else where I live usually involves the risks of falling down some very deep pits which I like to avoid doing.

Hello Everyone!

I really like this site. All of the articles will keep me busy for hours. My interest includes the study of Egyptian history, world history, and prehistory. I am also fascinated by the lost civilization of Atlantis and all of the locations where Atlantis has been found. Anyway, I hope that someday researchers will find the real  Atlantis.

Intoduction

Hi there, My name is Jacob. I have recentlly joined the community.

Hello

my name is chris and let me start by saying i love this site read many things from here over the years just never got to the log in part till i decided i wanted to stay and give my thoughts on things

i have been into ancient history my whole life from my grandmother now all i like to do is look at our findings and try to explain them with my visions of possibilities

i do appologize for my spelling and punctuation i am horrible at writing skills

Pages

Human Origins

Map of sites and postulated migratory pathways associated with modern humans dispersing across Asia during the Late Pleistocene.
Most people are now familiar with the traditional "Out of Africa" model: modern humans evolved in Africa and then dispersed across Asia and reached Australia in a single wave about 60,000 years ago. However, technological advances in DNA analysis and other fossil identification techniques, as well as an emphasis on multidisciplinary research

Ancient Technology

Detail of a star chart dating to the Middle Kingdom.
The calendar is one of mankind’s most important inventions. Calendars allowed societies to organize time for religious, social, economic, and administrative purposes. The calendar, or rather, two sets of calendars, were invented by the ancient Egyptians. One of these was a lunar calendar, which was used mainly for the organization of religious festivals.

Ancient Places

Smuts house
The farmstead of General Jan Smuts on the outskirts of Pretoria, is reputed to be one of the most haunted private homes in the country, according to Mr Mark Rose-Christie, raconteur and social scientist, who regularly takes brave visitors on a tour of haunted sites on his mystery ghost bus.

Our Mission

At Ancient Origins, we believe that one of the most important fields of knowledge we can pursue as human beings is our beginnings. And while some people may seem content with the story as it stands, our view is that there exists countless mysteries, scientific anomalies and surprising artifacts that have yet to be discovered and explained.

The goal of Ancient Origins is to highlight recent archaeological discoveries, peer-reviewed academic research and evidence, as well as offering alternative viewpoints and explanations of science, archaeology, mythology, religion and history around the globe.

We’re the only Pop Archaeology site combining scientific research with out-of-the-box perspectives.

By bringing together top experts and authors, this archaeology website explores lost civilizations, examines sacred writings, tours ancient places, investigates ancient discoveries and questions mysterious happenings. Our open community is dedicated to digging into the origins of our species on planet earth, and question wherever the discoveries might take us. We seek to retell the story of our beginnings. 

Ancient Image Galleries

View from the Castle Gate (Burgtor). (Public Domain)
Door surrounded by roots of Tetrameles nudiflora in the Khmer temple of Ta Phrom, Angkor temple complex, located today in Cambodia. (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Cable car in the Xihai (West Sea) Grand Canyon (CC BY-SA 4.0)