All  

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ

Ancient Origins Tour IRAQ Mobile

Welcome to the Ancient-Origins.net Forums. In order to avoid spam messages, we require all users of the forum to register first.

If you are not registered please click on the Register link from the top menu. If you are registered LOGIN here.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Origins

‘Origins’  

In 1968... von Däniken articulated and expounded upon much of what I'd held privately for ten years prior. I've been a student of history for most of my life. (The truth, not revisionism or popular legend.) 'Chariots of the Gods' put it all on the public table. 

SciFi and the Para-Normal aside, these  E.T's, (whatever their names or origins) for all intent and purpose seem to have been inter-stellar Missionaries from an obviously advanced civilization during the Neolithic period of Earthly man. 

Why are we here?

Nothing 'Put us here'... no more than ants or butterflys or kitty cats were 'put here' (or on any other inhabited planet). We evolved as hominids. Of the 5 known 'human' species, only we (Homo Sapiens) survived. I think we had some extra-terrestrial 'help'... around 12,000 years ago, (possibly earlier) in the fertile crescent of Mesopotamia.

The Great Flood of the Black Sea in 5600 BCE was the greatest natural unimaginable disaster incurred by any civilization of that period, and scope. Every 'belief', mythology and legend created since ties directly to the destruction of the relatively advanced civilization of neolithic times by that event. So much so, that the survivors literally had to re-invent their 'origins' and geneology.

The stories of Atlantis, Genesis, Exodus and the Sumerian/Akkadian sagas... all of the ensuing 'gods' of whatever cultures thereafter are a direct result of that Great Flood. We know the history of species evolution, but not what we know as 'life'... We are conscious (thinking) life forms. Electro-biological organisms programmed to reproduce our species. When the physical organism dies... we don't know for certain if the life-force dies with us or... what'?

The 'or what' factor is the basis for most religions.

The hypothesis presented here is considered heretical in a conventional religious sense. If such things offend you, continue at your own risk.

One of our greatest (if not ‘the’ greatest) cultural taboo is to question religious beliefs. In Judeo-Christian culture, that belief is based upon the books of the Bible.  It is not my intention to attack any religion, but to present a reasonable explanation/postulation of the truth.  As in anything, there can only be one factual truth. Historical answers to reality cannot be based upon primitive ancient superstitions, fanciful stories, magic gadgets, miracles, or the supernatural.  The 600 lb gorilla in the room that nobody wants to recognize is the fact that ‘all’ religious beliefs (past and present) are ‘Earth-centric’. This planet is neither the center of the universe or a major player. In all probability, there are thousands… if not an unimaginable number of inhabited worlds throughout the cosmos. God (The Creator) created all of them, the suns which spawned them and whatever life that inhabits them. What path those life forms eventually travel and why is known only to the Creator. This is a simple truth yet to be accepted on Earth among the majority. God does not exist on, or for this planet alone. ‘Never has.

As a child, born into Catholicism… I had to study the catechism prior to my 1st Communion. I remember a rather gloomy classroom, with dark furniture and a large dark wooden table around which were kids my age and presided over by what I remember was a Catholic ‘Brother’ (A monk).  So… this fellow is introducing us to ‘Adam & Eve’… and their sons, Cain & Able.  Now… these are presented to be the only people on Earth.  I got that. Then, ‘Cain and Able took wives…’ Cain going to the ‘Land of Nod’. My little 7 year old mind spun a gear and I asked:  “If these are the only people on earth… where’d the wives come from?”  I remember this as clear as day.  The Brother replied:  “That’s one of the great mysteries of the church, my son.’  I said:  “You don’t know, do you.” At that point… he shut me up. This was the beginning of my doubt about the entire ‘story’ I was being indoctrinated to believe. One of those things I’ve never forgotten.

The hardest thing for humans to do... is un-learn what they've been conditioned to accept as the truth of our very early beginnings of collective civilization (much less creation). There are elements of truth that have survived these thousands of years after the 'fact', but it's a tough knot to untangle. I think much of what we think we know, is based on 'tales' taken out of context and in order of the actual dynamic in which they occurred. Not only the events... but to those groups of people to whom the events have been attributed. It's easy enough to ascribe a long ago occurrence to your own kind... in fact, it's natural to make such claims and embellish them 'internally'.

All early cultures created their own mythos, but they nearly all have a common denominator in that the 'Gods' came from above. In the verbal retelling, over such a long period of time, it's not hard to imagine that the oral keepers of tribal/cultural lore (for lack of a better description) would get creative with filling in the blanks. By the time writing was invented, (or re-invented) these actual events were already ancient. This is just a guess... but I would place the intercession of extra-terrestrial (alien) beings into the human dynamic approximately 30,000 years ago until as recently as 4,000- 3,500 years ago. Explorers from... who knows where? Much of what we think we know (compiled from multiple sources from antiquity) indicates they came from the region of the Pleiades.

The Sumarians called them the ' 'Anunnaki' and created a religious mythos as is the superstitious nature of humans regarding a means of explaining the un-explainable. (Sumerian: “those who came down from the heavens”). The Anunnaki correspond to the old Hebrew Anakeim and Elohim and the Egyptian Neter. These 'Anunnaki' were long gone by the time of Gilgamesh, but the collective memory of verbal lore survived. These ‘Gods’ could have indeed been telepathic, or had some sort of communication device which translated their speech or thoughts directly to the extent human populace or 'select' individuals... which seems the most logical. Then again… perhaps they simply learned the language of the humans or taught us theirs. They seem to have been here for a long time… or came and went at intervals. By what means would be pure speculation. 

Bear in mind that by the 'time' of Sumer, humans had already conquered and reconquered each other over thousands of years... and with each interaction, assimilated each other’s 'lore' and regional customs. It's an unfortunate fact as well... that the practice of eradicating the ruling class and practically everybody who knew anything (the civic leaders... priest class, etc.) while enslaving the conquered populace and destroying... looting their 'stuff was well established. This of course would include ‘keepers of the lore’, who may not have survived such conquests. So... where am I going with this?

In general ‘religious’ human history, all ‘Gods’ Angels, and other supernatural beings came from above or dwelt in some high, remote and inaccessible place.
These beings were capable of flight, as depicted in having wings.  In that most people were illiterate from ancient times thru the middle ages, a visual representation (graphic image) was required to impart that ability to the viewer.
They possessed abilities and wielded weapons of enormous power and accuracy.
They had intelligence beyond that of men.

It has never ceased to amaze me how modern ‘rational’ people can continue to believe in physical Gods, Angels, (wings and all), etc. while completely discounting Extra-terrestrial beings from the civilizations of other worlds, much less discount and ignore the realities of human evolution.      

Let’s begin with ‘Genesis’. We all know the story of ‘Adam & Eve’… we have the dictum and visual art imbedded in our consciousness. Such stuff is difficult to erase, as is the story of ‘The Flood’ and ‘The Exodus’ and ‘Atlantis’. However wonderful these tales… altho epic in the imagination, are filled with conjecture, supernatural events and are not historically accurate.  It is not only possible, but highly probable that all three of these events are out of context and sequence.

It is highly possible that all three are corrupted combinations of the same event!  

The popular belief as taught to us as children assumes that Moses authored these accounts, because Genesis is from the ‘Book of Moses’ of the Bible. We were further led to believe that similar accounts were borrowed by and corrupted by ‘Pagans’. However, the ‘Pagan’ versions actually came first and were already heavily embellished with fanciful ‘clutter’ by the time whoever wrote Genesis put pen to parchment.

The actual author of Genesis (Possibly the Jewish Priest Ezra?) during the 5th or 6th century BCE in Babylon was consumed with creating a ‘post-flood’ supra genealogical identity by internalizing the desired narrative to explain his ‘people’ (the Jews) as the chosen of God while at the same time inventing parallel identities to explain everyone else. This seems to be an obsessive attempt at recreating his/their own lineage, beginning with Abraham of the Patriarch ‘Noah’.  This tale was plagiarized from the earlier Sumerian account and embellished to fit the desired narrative. The question will forever remain if ‘Ezra’ (et al) did this intentionally, or had the oral account already been altered over the centuries by the time he/they wrote it?  I think the latter is the most probable.  All of this is post-Flood, where the belief is that the entire world was destroyed. Well… their immediate world was pretty much destroyed when the Mediterranean flooded the Black Sea when the Bosphorus ‘dam’ finally let go.

In 1997, William Ryan and Walter Pitman published evidence that a massive flooding of the Black Sea occurred about 5600 BCE through theBosphorus. Before that date, glacial meltwater had turned the Black and Caspian Seas into vast freshwater lakes draining into the Aegean Sea. Asglaciers retreated, some of the rivers emptying into the Black Sea declined in volume and changed course to drain into the North Sea.[4] The levels of the lakes dropped through evaporation, while changes in worldwide hydrology caused overall sea level to rise. The rising Mediterranean finally spilled over a rocky sill at the Bosporus. The event flooded 155,000 km2 (60,000 sq mi) of land and significantly expanded the Black Sea shoreline to the north and west. According to the researchers, "40 km3 (10 cu mi) of water poured through each day, two hundred times the flow of the Niagara Falls... The Bosporus flume roared and surged at full spate for at least three hundred days. (This is to the North)

This is from the South: ‘When sea levels were low, the combined Tigris-Euphrates river flowed through a wide flat marshy landscape. The Persian Gulf today has an average depth of only 35 m. During the most recent glaciation, which ended 12,000 years ago, worldwide sea levels dropped 120 to 130 metres (390 to 430 ft), leaving the bed of the Persian Gulf well above sea level during the glacial maximum. It had to have been a swampy freshwater floodplain, where water was retained in all the hollows. High in the Taurus Mountains glaciation would have been extensive.

The drainage of the combined glacial era Tigris-Euphrates made its way down the marshes of this proto-Shatt-al-Arab to the Strait of Hormuz into the Arabian Sea. Reports of the exploration ship "Meteor" have confirmed that the Persian Gulf was an entirely dry basin about 15,000 BC. Close to the steeper Iranian side a deep channel apparently marks the course of the ancient extended Shatt al-Arab, being called the "Ur-Schatt". A continuous shallow shelf across the top (north) of the Persian Gulf and down the west side, at a 20 metres (66 ft) depth, suggests that this section was the last to be inundated. At the Straits of Hormuz the bathymetric profile indicates a division into two main channels which continue across the Bieban Shelf before dropping to a depth of approximately 400 meters (1,300 ft) in the Gulf of Oman; the deeper parts of these channels may be due to delta deposits at the edge of the deep ocean collapsing in a succession of big underwater landslides, causing underwater erosion by the resulting turbidity currents.

There is a theory that there was also a Black-Sea-type sill collapse at the Strait of Hormuz at the outlet of the Persian Gulf.

In a 1981 Journal of Cuneiform Studies article, "The Tangible Evidence for the Earliest Dilmun", Theresa Howard-Carter espoused her theory identifying Dilmun with Qurna an island at the Strait of Hormuz. Her scenario put the original mouths of the Tigris-Euphrates rivers, which she thought should be the site of the primeval Dilmun, at or even beyond the Straits of Hormuz. Mainstream archaeologists have avoided mentioning her article for fear of its apparent catastrophism, an awkward subject in geology. Theresa Howard-Carter also wrote: "It is more likely that the original Persian Gulf inhabitants lived along the banks of the lower or extended Shatt al-Arab, ranging some 800 km across the dry Persian Gulf bed. We can thus postulate that the pre-Sumerian cultures had more than ample time to be born and flourish in a riverine setting, encouraged by the agricultural potential and the blessings of a temperate climate. (Eden!) The fact that the body of proof for the existence of these societies must now lie at the bottom of the Persian Gulf furnishes at least a temporary excuse for the archaeologist's failure to produce evidence for their material culture."

(All that water went somewhere.) Moses and the ensuing generations of the Hebraic ‘Priest Class’ would have learned much of this from the extent Egyptian culture in which he (and to some extent they) had been inculcated with; but also vestiges of a much older story already corrupted by time, to which were internalized to explain the desired narrative to explain their ‘people’.

Did the telling of Genesis and Exodus combine?  OK… so we know it is historically impossible for Moses to have written Genesis in 2304 BCE at some point during the ‘Exodus’. The Sumerian account of that ‘Flood’ (Written approx. 4,000 BCE) predates that of Genesis by 1,696 years, yet still 1,600 years after the flood of 5600 BCE.

That’s a long time!  

Moses (et al) would have known of this event, but probably would not have known of the Sumerian record of it, or its origins. Whatever the case, it was an epic catastrophe .  An unimaginable extraordinary cataclysmic event of historic consequence well known in the region and easily attributed in lore, legend and mythos to whatever the desired narrative may have been in various cultures.

In that the Biblical Genesis was written between the 700-600 BC during the captivity of Babylon, did the actual author(s) of Genesis combine the ‘Eden’ expulsion’ event with that of the Exodus from Egypt and the earlier Mesopotamian (Sumarian) account of ‘Creation’? 

Did the actual author of Genesis combine the ‘Eden’ expulsion’ event with that of the Exodus from Egypt and transpose the expulsion from Eden with the story of ‘the Flood’?   

Consider… this was written some 5,000 years after the event. One glaring omission of the Bible indicates that neither Moses or any of his immediate associates wrote ‘Exodus’ (Supposedly occurring 1446 BCE-1406 BCE according to the Old Testament), because he or they would have known 1st hand who the Pharoah was and named him. It was the obsessive habit of naming everyone in Biblical texts. Someone as important as the Pharaoh would have been identified.   The Pharaoh at the time of the ‘Exodus’ was Thutmose III (1479 BCE-1425 BCE), not Rameses II (1279-1213 BCE) 146 years later. Thutmose never drowned… and never chased Moses and the exiles, who never crossed the Red Sea. (They didn’t have to.) Yet, the tale is compelling. Identifying the actual Pharaoh of the Exodus period 700-800 years after the fact indicates whoever wrote it, did not know which Pharaoh it was.  Since they didn’t actually ‘know’… they omitted the name because the events could be easily verified.  ‘Pharaoh’ becomes the mythological arch villain to the Hebrew victims to satisfy the desired narrative.  After much consideration, I can only conclude that the ‘Exodus’ didn’t happen as whoever wrote it said it did. 

As for the ‘Exodus’… We are expected to believe Moses and his merry band wandered in the desert for 40 (pre-Julian calendar) years searching for the promised land? 40 years without leaving any archeological trace? Not a campsite, broken pot… not a cliff side doodle… not a weapon…nothing?  With 600,000 men, plus women, children and flocks of livestock, for a grand total of between 1 million to 2.5 million people?  That might have been around ¼ to1/3rd of the entire population of Egypt at the time. Possibly more.  Moses was supposedly a learned man, yet we are told in the Bible that he headed south along the coast of the Red Sea to the region which is now Basra in Iraq, before heading north again, destroying the walled city of Jericho by parading around it with the ‘Ark of the Covenant’ while blowing horns. Really? (Jericho was destroyed by an earthquake, arguably 1400 BCE or 1550 BCE about 100 years after Exodus. This put’s it conveniently in the Biblical Exodus timeframe of 1446 BCE-1406 BCE.  (An instance of including a known event to fit the desired narrative?)   Moses would have gone north upon leaving Egypt to the coast of the Med and the Gulf of Suez to Gaza. Again, the Exodus narrative is a combination of other events to bolster a certain narrative.  Those who wrote it had pieces of the actual history, but either misinterpreted that history or deliberately fabricated a ‘story’ from those pieces as remembered. As much as I admire the story and respect the Jews… I’m inclined to disbelieve it (as espoused) intellectually.

Notable Exodus events: The ‘Parting of waters’, ‘Pillar of fire’, ‘Burning bush’, 10 Commandments, Manna from heaven, Golden calf (worship).  All of these memories may have related to the Great Flood. ‘Parting of waters’… The Annunaki may have deployed a device to stop or more likely divert the floodwaters long enough to effect an escape route for the inhabitants,  ‘Pillar of fire… the Annunaki leaving (or relocating) in their spacecraft or transports. ‘Burning bush’…  ‘Suggesting illumination and relative size. Possibly on a pedestal. A screen of some sort… such as a TV or computer monitor, simply broadcasting instructions to the viewer?  ‘10 Commandments’:  The laws of civilization laid down by the Annunaki to those chosen to survive this cataclysm. ‘Manna from heaven’ A type of edible chloric algae that can only be produced in quantity by mechanical means.  ‘Golden calf’ (worship):  These Annunaki were advanced enough to know the true nature of ‘God’ and instructed these primitive humans in that knowledge.  Nowhere in the ‘Commandments’ is there language demanding worship or sacrifice in the name of God, only tacit acknowledgment that only a single entity whom we call God exists. The analogy of the ‘Golden Calf’ is easily related to the Babylonian practice of Bull worship (Baal) at the time this tale was written as was the practice of creating tangible visual images (graphic representations) of their imagined gods/deities (idols) to worship. This practice is instinctive among all peoples to this day. (Why?) 

The Annunaki seem to have introduced the idea of a single ‘God’, or Supreme Creator. This indicates they had progressed beyond all factionalized religious concepts (if they ever had any) and recognized the true nature of the Creator. They may also have offered the ‘primitives’ the real explanation for their existence… which was eventually cobbled up in the re-telling into simplistic misinterpreted visuals such as Eve (female) was created from Adams rib. (Nobody of the time would have understood what Amoeba are, or how they reproduce.).  Perhaps this knowledge was simplified in the telling to a level which these primitive Meso-Neolithic people could comprehend?  We do the same with children’s books. 

The Law and the ‘Covenant’: (Wiki)  ‘The Code of Hammurabi (1792 -1750 BCE) was one of several sets of laws in the ancient Near East.[8] The code of laws was arranged in orderly groups, so that everyone who read the laws would know what was required of them.[9] Earlier collections of laws include the Code of Ur-Nammu, king of Ur (c. 2050 BCE), the Laws of Eshnunna (c. 1930 BCE) and the codex of Lipit-Ishtar of Isin (c. 1870 BCE), while later ones include the Hittite laws, the Assyrian laws, and Mosaic Law.[10] These codes come from similar cultures in a relatively small geographical area, and they have passages which resemble each other. Note that ‘all’ of these similar laws predate the ’10 Commandments’ (Circa 1446-1406 BCE) by approx.. 300 to 600 years. The 10 Commandments are written in brevity but present the same requirements of behavior for civilized society. Was the story of Moses attributed/transposed metaphorically to someone other… in another time and circumstance?  

Biblical covenants, in contrast to Eastern covenants in general, are between a God, (Yahweh), and a people, (Israel), instead of between a strong ruler and a weaker vassal.  Thought:  Did the Annunaki create what would become the Jews?

Was this originated in the ‘law’ of the Annunaki imposed upon the local population which some refer to as ‘their slaves’?  Was there some understanding or command between the Annunaki and their monotheistic Nephilim spawn to obey and keep these laws and the knowledge of the ‘One true G-d (Yewah/ Yahweh) who shall not be named in perpetuity, regardless of any other? In turn, they would be protected by the Annunaki? Is this the ancient basis for the Judaic claim to be the ‘Chosen of God’?  Were these people forbearers of the Jews?  Did the Annunaki create the genetic ancestors of a ‘saved’ monotheistic people who would have been dispersed after the great flood? The dynamic of which became garbled, transposed and misunderstood over the generations of the retelling, yet they ‘Kept the Law’?  The ‘Nephilim’ in Hebraic writings are called ‘Giants’.  Such a description may not have referred to their physical size in as much as overall superiority (physically and intellectually) to average people of the time. Many Biblical writings are lacking in descriptive words common to modern language, due to the fact that such words either did not yet exist, or were translated incorrectly.  An example may be found in ‘Ezekial’ when he describes the ‘Angel’ (pilot) of the ‘wheel’ (quad-rotorcraft) as being surrounded by a ‘firmament as of a beryl’.  Firmament being anything hard and a beryl is a clear quartz stone. There was no word for ‘glass’ much less Plexiglas, because it didn’t exist. These Annunaki in later Hebraic writings are referred to as ‘Fallen Angels’.  However, they describe a military type ranking system among them. This may have been the case… or creative embellishment on the part of the author(s).

This ‘prayer’… more of an acknowledgment, comes from Ancient Egypt (where it was found. No telling where it originated.) It seems to predate the later Egyptian pantheon of gods… and resurrected in the (unpopular) monotheism of Pharaoh Akhenaten:

"God is one and alone and none other existeth with Him. God is the one who hath made all things. God is a spirit, a hidden spirit, the spirit of spirits of ‘Man’, the divine spirit. God is from the beginning, and He has been from the beginning, he hath existed from old and was when nothing else had being. He existed when nothing else existed, and what existeth He created after He has come into being, He is forever. His name remains hidden; his name is a mystery unto His children. His names are innumerable, they are manifold and none knoweth their number. God is truth and he liveth by truth and He feedeth thereon. He is the king of truth, and He hath established the earth thereupon- God is life and through Him only man liveth. He giveth life to man, He breatheth the breath of life into his nostrils-He begat himself and produced himself. He createth, but was never created." (Mentioned in Budge: xcii).  ‘Sounds Hebraic rather than Egyptian.

Pretty much the essence of Deism. Note the use of ‘He’, which wouldn’t be uncommon to assign gender in a male dominated society.

Remember, these were rather primitive Meso-Neolithic people, with all the fears and superstitions of primitive people that exist to this day. Along comes an alien exploration force from out of the mystery of the sky and introduces information beyond their pre-conceived notions and beliefs of anything held previously. All of those pre-conceptions would not be completely dismissed. (Cognitive dissonance) These primitive beliefs were assimilated into a perception of the ‘new’ dynamic as an amalgam of both. I think these ‘Annunaki’ (directly or indirectly) explained the facts known about the true nature of God and their own creation. In Genesis, there’s the scenario of Cain slaying Able (with a rock).  We know that Cro-Magnon (us) and Neanderthal man existed at the same time… both hominoid species.  Cro-Magnon exterminated Neanderthals , prob’ly from a sort of ethnic racism, competition for scarce ice-age resources and even as a food source (cannibalism) to the point of extinction. Those who wrote Genesis would have no knowledge of Neanderthal man. (They’re not like us… we have to kill them… may as well eat ‘em while we’re at it.)

‘If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him’ ~ Voltaire.

There’s little doubt that these Meso-Neolithic people would have ‘invented’ deities of some sort, similar to Animism, which may have begun in the Paleolithic age.  These ‘Annunaki’ seem to have essentially introduced the ‘Big Bang’ concept of creation. It would be a stretch for these primitive people to imagine that the stars they saw in the skies were the same as the Sun, or that the Earth was not the center of it all. What seems to have resonated is that ‘God’ created the sun… which morphed into ‘Sun God’. Combined with earlier beliefs of most likely an entire pantheon of Gods and assistants as is the nature of persistent mysticism; by the time the Sumerian culture finally began to articulate these already ancient events, the story had already been corrupted. Not intentionally, but ‘garbled’ in over a thousand years of embellishments in the successive generations of telling.   The predictable result of a combination of legend, lore, superstition and mysticism in the creation of a mythos. These Annunaki possessed knowledge and technologies that only ‘Gods’ could possess. It’s easy for them to assume the supernatural status of gods.  Perhaps it was easier for them to have ‘men’ do their bidding if they were considered gods instead of men… or man-like beings. This perception endured and ‘grew feet’ as they say.  It very likely spawned every human concept of ‘Gods’ in many (if not all) cultures thereafter.   

Was Exodus a re-telling of the expulsion from the Annunaki ‘Eden’?   ‘The location of the Biblical Eden has been determined to now lie under the Red Sea off of Basra. The area of southern Iraq contains much marshland (which would lend itself to any water crossings).  The omission of the name of the Pharaoh who supposedly drowned chasing Moses seems to indicate strongly that:

Moses didn’t write ‘Exodus’.
Whoever did wasn’t there and had no reference to, or knowledge of the Pharaoh of Egypt, because it was written long after the fact in 6th and 5th Century Babylon. 

3.    Of note… Jews were not enslaved in Egypt to build the pyramids. Pyramid builders considered it a civic duty, and were well organized and well treated.’

The authors of Exodus borrowed heavily upon prevailing religious mythos that God or the Gods were only witnessed by a chosen few individuals in remote places (such as mountaintops) and always ‘alone’. (This scenario continued into the early middle ages.) Such tales never have corroborating witnesses. An exception being Ezekial, but that’s for another discussion. The actual location of Mt. Sinai is still unknown.  The question remains… Did Moses have actual contact with the Annunaki, or is the story a fabricated mix of a much earlier event? Realistically, the fabled ‘Ark of the Covenant’ resembles an Egyptian funerary box more than anything else. However, it may have contained a capacitor of some type to power the ‘Manna machine’ (Edible algae producer) which sustained the exiles in their escape from the area of the Great Flood. Note the ‘numbers’:  ‘Rained 40 days and 40 nights… ‘wandered 40 years.  Numbers such as are repetitive to a fault in ‘Biblical’ writings. What was a ‘year’ in the minds of the writers?

Perception of information is dependent upon the cognizant relevance of the recipient. What the observer sees may be easily perceived to be something supernatural, miraculous, magical or mystical. We still entertain these misperceptions today via magicians or even such beliefs as ‘chem-trails’ in the sky.  It’s not a stretch to imagine what technically primitive humans thought of even simple technology for which they had no words to describe. Bringers of such wonders would be ascribed as ‘Gods’. The ‘Annunaki’ as they are called, may not have all originated from the same place… or even made their presence known in the same Earthly time-frame. One thing is certain.  They wouldn’t just come here for the hell of it.  Secondly, they were genetically ‘human’.

Such an advanced civilization would have already gone thru the process of species evolution on their planet.  They would have their own history, cultures, possibly different races and nationalities as we do… but much sooner.  Even a space of 10,000 years, (while geologically a blip) is an enormous span for any intelligent species to advance. Consider that the span of time between the first powered flight on Earth and landing on the Moon was only 66 years. We’ve landed probes on Mars, a Comet, photographed Pluto and sent probes into the Cosmos.  Imagine where we will be even a few thousand years into the future. These Anunnaki were trained astronauts (possibly military) sent to Earth by their governments in craft that were engineered and constructed by their kind for a purpose, just as we would (and one day will). These craft were far in advance of anything we can yet imagine or produce, but no doubt evolved from similar fabric and frame flying machines in their own history. But… why did they come?  The popular assumption seems to be ‘Gold’ and possibly other elements and minerals. Not for money… but to use as conductors. Perhaps even insulator material. The idea that these ‘aliens’ utilized the extent human population of the regions where they located and eventually mined it brought ancient humans into contact with beings beyond their imaginations. These alien beings would have also brought something else with them… their culture.  Law, Agriculture, Medicine (Hygene), Engineering, Metallurgy… and ‘Religion’.  Well, not as we know it… or have come to practice it.      

The initial impact and date(s) of the Annunaki arrival may never be known. Superstition and fundamentalist religious dogma has superceded and continues to repress the actual truth.  The entire ‘Eden’ story seems to be a simplified analogy of people the ‘God’ created and had their wants supplied.  These could very well have been the ‘Nephilim’.  At any rate… the ‘Forbidden Fruit’ scenario of Genesis is either symbolic of something or has been inserted into the tale to construct the narrative?  There is a very real possibility that random copulation among the select human ‘stock’ was forbidden. ‘Could be that genetic engineering and selective breeding was in force to improve the breed.  It’s possible that a select group of human females could only breed with Annunaki. Private stock as it were, or simply breeding stock.  This may be the origin of the idea creating ‘Vestal Virgins’ and ‘Harems’. The offspring of this mating between the Annukaki (gods) and humans were called Nephilim (in Hebrew) and were ‘pre-flood’ beings.  Essentially, what I concluded is that the Nephilim cross-breeds of the Annunaki (or whoever) were the origins of 'the Chosen of God'.  The Great flood of the Black Sea region disrupted whatever operations the Annunaki may have been doing, forcing the extent population to evacuate (or perish). These Annunaki seem to have been benevolent and these Meso-Neolithic people depended on them.  Suddenly... they're 'cast out' as it were and forced to fend for themselves. This theory (my own) is the basis for the tale of Genesis... and re-applied to 'Exodus'. Did the aliens destroy their works and end the relationship the humans they interacted with had become dependent upon, or did they abandon their mining expedition/genetic experimentation when the region was inundated by the Great Flood? Perhaps they lost their human labor force in the region, or most of it, close to 8,000 years ago? This abrupt cessation of a nurtured way of life would have imparted enormous psychological cultural trauma on those affected. Such an event would be imbedded in the psyche of generations.

We assume that the Biblical tales are in sequence, but I have theorized that they are not. They never were. What we have are elements of history out of sequence, entire constructs and misrepresentations of vaguely understood, or misunderstood events.  Religious fundamentalists will argue ‘This is the Word of God’… but it’s not.  These are the words of men, mostly unknown, regardless of supposed authorship ascribed. 

What floored me was the realization that the origin of monotheism, Nephilim and 'The law' which commanded them to not stray into polytheism and not to eat or do certain things that would harm them in that time indicate that this was in all probability the basis for Judaism.  It was in the interest of the Annunaki that this group of people not perish. In short, The Annunaki may have created the Jews and what they would become over the millennia.   This idea hit me like a brick!  I walked away from my keyboard muttering 'holy shit' over and over again.  'Call me nuts... but it just made sense. 

Re: Atlantis

Atlantis seems to be another amalgam of 2 major events.  The first of which was the great flood of the Black Sea which destroyed the culturally advanced center of the Annunaki created civilization and secondly the destruction of the Minoan civilization on Crete (approx.. 1590 BCE) when the volcanic island of Thera detonated and destroyed it with ash and an enormous tidal wave. The most interesting aspect of the early Bronze Age Minoan civilization is, unlike their ‘continental’ neighbors, they seem to not have had much in the way of wars, yet were quite prosperous economically in trade.  Their ‘Gods appear to be variations of the Babylonian bull worship and other polytheistic animism. Human sacrifice seems another possibility in time of peril from archeological evidence. ‘Evidence that suggest the Minoans may have performed human sacrifice has been found at three sites: (1) Anemospilia, in a MMII building near Mt. Juktas, interpreted as a temple, (2) an EMII sanctuary complex at Fournou Korifi in south central Crete, and (3) Knossos, in an LMIB building known as the "North House." (explanation of abbreviations)

The temple at Anemospilia was destroyed by earthquake in the MMII period. The building seems to be a tripartite shrine, and terracotta feet and some carbonized wood were interpreted by the excavators as the remains of a cult statue. Four human skeletons were found in its ruins; one, belonging to a young man, was found in an unusually contracted position on a raised platform, suggesting that he had been trussed up for sacrifice, much like the bull in the sacrifice scene on the Mycenaean-era Agia Triadha sarcophagus. A bronze dagger was among his bones, and the discoloration of the bones on one side of his body suggests he died of blood loss. The bronze blade was fifteen inches long and had images of a boar on each side. The bones were on a raised platform at the center of the middle room, next to a pillar with a trough at its base.

The positions of the other three skeletons suggest that an earthquake caught them by surprise—the skeleton of a twenty-eight-year-old woman was spread-eagled on the ground in the same room as the sacrificed male. Next to the sacrificial platform was the skeleton of a man in his late thirties, with broken legs. His arms were raised, as if to protect himself from falling debris, which suggests that his legs were broken by the collapse of the building in the earthquake. In the front hall of the building was the fourth skeleton, too poorly preserved to allow determination of age or gender. Nearby 105 fragments of a clay vase were discovered, scattered in a pattern that suggests it had been dropped by the person in the front hall when he was struck by debris from the collapsing building. The jar appears to have contained bull's blood.’ 

Where did the Minoans come from? DNA analysis is unearthing the origins of the Minoans, who some 5,000 years ago established the first advanced Bronze Age civilization in present-day Crete. The findings suggest they arose from an ancestral Neolithic population that had arrived in the region about 4,000 years earlier. “About 9,000 years ago,” he noted, “there was an extensive migration of Neolithic humans from the regions of Anatolia that today comprise parts of Turkey and the Middle East. At the same time, the first Neolithic inhabitants reached Crete.” “Our mitochondrial DNA analysis shows that the Minoan’s strongest genetic relationships are with these Neolithic humans, as well as with ancient and modern Europeans,” he explained. “These results suggest the Minoan civilization arose 5,000 years ago in Crete from an ancestral Neolithic population that had arrived in the region about 4,000 years earlier,” he said. “Our data suggest that the Neolithic population that gave rise to the Minoans also migrated into Europe and gave rise to modern European peoples.”  OK… approximately 9,000 years ago. But… discounting the neolithic population inhabiting Crete prior to the Great Flood of 5600 BCE. That’s 7,615 years ago.

Quote: “There was an extensive migration of Neolithic humans from the regions of Anatolia that today comprise parts of Turkey and the Middle East. At the same time, the first Neolithic inhabitants reached Crete.” The ‘ancestral population’… the extent human habitation prior to the arrival of the Anatolian ‘immigrant’s seem to have not done much until after the arrival of the M.E. immigrants. These immigrants originated in the region of the Great Flood. Descendants of surviving Nephilim (or their predecessors)? The original (for lack of any other understood term) Atlantians?  Obviously, the original Flood survivors didn’t run out and jump inna boat and paddle off to Crete to set up shop. It took time (lots of it). However, were these ‘immigrants’ pre-flood Nephilim?  Interestingly, the Sumerians ‘arrived’ in Mesopotamia around 4000 BCE. Given that much of the Minoan information is guess work (nobody has yet to translate their written language) a ‘fudge factor’ difference of 1,000 years would not be a stretch. Whatever the case, it’s obvious that the Minoans were well advanced of their Neolithic Greek and Libyan neighbors at the time of their cultural demise. At any rate, the destruction of the Minoans changed the course of Western Civilization. ‘The world map might look differently had the Greek volcano Thera not erupted 3,500 years ago in what geologists believe was the single-most powerful explosive event ever witnessed.”

‘Thera didn't just blow a massive hole into the island of Santorini (Thera) – it set the entire ancient Mediterranean onto a different course, like a train that switched tracks to head off in a brand new direction. Minoan culture, the dominant civilization in the Mediterranean at the time, crumbled as a result of the eruption, historians believe, changing the political landscape of the ancient world indefinitely. Environmental effects were felt across the globe, as far away as China and perhaps even North America and Antarctica. The legend of Atlantis and the story of the Biblical plagues and subsequent Exodus from Egypt have also been connected to the epic catastrophe. A drop in temperatures caused by the massive amounts of sulphur dioxide spouted into the atmosphere then led to several years of cold, wet summers in the region, ruining harvests. The lethal combination overran every mighty Minoan stronghold in less than 50 years. In just a short time, their peaceful, efficient bureaucracy made way for the warring city-state system of ancient Greece to dominate the Mediterranean. The Aegean would turn out to be a fundamental building block for the history of Europe, and the Minoan decline changed its early foundation completely

(As an example of how ‘people can change that much’ in the space of 1,000 years or so… The Viking chief Rollo was given the area of Normandy in France in 911. By 1066 the “Normans” had become almost entirely French (they no longer even spoke Scandinavian) when they invaded Britain under William only 155 years later.)   

As for the ‘Annunaki’…

The primary problem with any discussion of ancient alien intervention in human civilization are the charlatans, whack-o’s and outright frauds inventing nonsense and the Earth-centric religious fundamentalists stubbornly defending ancient superstitions and fabrications based on the primitive writings of unknown authors claiming to be somebody else and claiming it all to be the ‘word of God’. There is only one truth. If you have to fabricate the facts to defend the desired agenda narrative, there’s a problem with the agenda.

The truth is… God doesn’t care.  Not in the human concept of caring. God created life… (all life, everywhere) whatever the life form survives or not on it’s own merits. Value of life is a particular human assignation, of which we are at the ‘top’.  Dogs, cats, and horses of value to man are next in line.  Pigs are smarter than dogs but we eat them so we justify that by claiming they’re ‘swine’… dirty… (but tasty). Any life form that threatens man is fair game. We humans continually assign human-like emotions and images to our deities throughout history. Even ‘Animism’ ascribes human traits to inanimate objects and creatures. That is not the true nature of God. I think these Annunaki (or whoever) attempted to impart the true nature of God to humans, but we were to primitive then (and now) to accept that simple truth.

Yes, I’ve read Sitchin… No, I don’t believe his ideas. Particularly that of a 10th planet called Niburu… conveniently on the ‘other side’ of the sun’ which gets into the fanciful realm of SciFi and continues the ‘Gods who live in inaccessible places’ mythology.  I don’t think these ‘Annunaki’ were restricted to this region of the Middle East… they were many places… over a long period of time.  I am not a paranormal or claim to possess any unusual abilities other than analytical critical thinking skills.  As far as I’m currently aware, nobody has publicly written a similar hypothesis connecting the events of the ‘Flood’ with the stories of Genesis, Exodus and Atlantis.

© William E. Shaw ~ 05/26/2015 ~ Amended 8/10/15      

Choosen of God

http://orufo.sakura.ne.jp/123.htm

According to the published map of the Gobekli Tepe site, the giant monolithic T block, located in the center of the T type circular rock, is almost facing the north, but there are slight differences in orientation for each circular site.
According to the Science Advances article published in 2013.4.8, "polar movement" is rapidly becoming rapid in recent years, and it is said that the cause is the melting of the ice sheet due to climate change. According to Science Adavance magazine, the movement is said to be at the level of 10 cm a year. This will be 1 Km if you age 10000 years ago of the age of Gobekli Tepe. In order to carry out farming in groups at the first stage, an accurate calendar was necessary. Although the calendar is determined by astronomical observations, it was assumed at the time that the ice age ended, there was a shift from the melting of the ice sheet to the rotation balance of the earth, and the axis changed in a short period of time.
At the Gobekli tepe ruins there are several circular stones, estimated to be the result of rebuilding several times to make an accurate calendar, corresponding to the moving axial displacement.

Since I am an Oriental Buddhist, I do not have an idea that is not affected by the description of the Bible. It seems that the story of a sentence is a picture in your head. When I read your sentences I was able to have a concrete image. There were several types of visitors from outside the Earth. It seems that the first visitor about 30000 years ago made a "hybridization experiment" with the human nature of the Neolithic era and made "Choosen of God". Approximately 10000 years ago, visitors of other species trying to break "Choosen of God" made from hybrid experiments will be consistent with the analysis of contemporary Turkish and surrounding ruins of the Middle East. However, heterologous hybridization is still limited to one generation from the difference in the number of genes. You can also understand from the case of breeding of a horse and a donkey. It is necessary to think separately from one crossing species made from some breeding experiments and the ancestor of the present majority of human beings. As a missionary, visitors taught agriculture to humankind 10,000 years ago and urged settlement. A calendar is necessary for agriculture.

. The calendar needs astronomical observation. The T-shaped megalith of Gobekli Tepe of Turkey is a celestial observer that determines the calendar and confirms the direction of the constellation. At the same time, we also had a function to show the zodiac sign of visitors as missionaries to the humanities of the Neolithic Age.
The last ice age, the coldest period is 20000 years ago. The Neolithic era man who was in the mid latitude near Turkey also needed to have cold weather equipment. Visitors as missionaries, using rock drilling techniques, created a vast underground city and offered residents accusing more than 10,000 Neolithic people temporarily underground. In the underground city, many cold air holes were drilled, wells providing drinking water were drilled, and by burning fires inside, we could get warm. There was space to keep livestock, and food was obtained. Upon the end of the glacial age, the use of the underground city ceased to be abandoned. Later Christians merely reused underground cities dug in the prehistoric era in order to escape persecution.

If you pursue something truly about the origin of mankind over time. Even if the climb is different, everyone reaches the same summit. You and I are in a completely different environment. However, something truthful, seriously striving to pursue is the same. I hope to work with you in the future.

Naoki Kato

A reply to "Origins" (William E. Shaw)

Having read "Origins" by William E. Shaw, I would like to make some observations on his article. He appears to understand that Noah's Flood in the Bible is alluding to a Black Sea flood of circa 5600 BC (Ryan and Pitman 1997). My research indicates otherwise. Noah's flood is alluding to the Shuruppak Flood of circa 2900 BC. The Epic of Gilgamesh mentions a worldwide flood engulfing the mountains of the world. A boat lands atop a mount Nisir and the boat's builder, Utnapishtim, of Shuruppak, releases 3 birds in sequence to test the abatement of flood waters before disembarking. In this account the boat builder is living at the city of Shuruppak on the Euphrates river when his god warns him the gods are going to send a flood to annihilate all life, he is to build a boat and put on it the seed of man and animals to repopulate the world after the flood. He does so. In 1931 archaeologists excavated Shuruppak (Modern Tel Fara in Iraq) and discovered it existed from circa 3000 BC to 2000 BC it had only one flood layer, circa 2900 BC, of a depth of 14 inches, covering the site. This was river laid silt from the Euphrates River. It did not extend to other nearby sites, causing the archaeologists to realize that Mesopotamian account of a world being flooded to its mountain tops was greatly exaggerated nonsense or hyperbole. Shaw seems to be of the opinion that aliens from another planet arrived on earth and were called the Annunaki by the Sumerians. My research suggests otherwise. The Annunaki are fictious creations existing in the minds of the authors of the Sumerian myths about man's origins in a place called in Sumerian THE EDIN, an "uncultivated wilderness land," the parched "desert wastes," of today's Iraq. Shaw is invited to visit my website at www.bibleorigins.net on the internet since December of 2000, where many of his questions about the Holy Bible's pre-biblical origins will be answered on the basis of the findings of modern science and archaeology. I have some in-depth articles on Noah's Flood and its pre-biblical origin in Mesopotamian myths, just Google "Mattfeld Noah's Flood."

Walter R. Mattfeld